Tuesday, March 6, 2012

San Vito, Costa Rica


Well I have been doing a bit of traveling to towns in Costa Rica to possibly find a place that is somewhat more walking friendly. As posted before I have visited Monteverde, Costa Rica, and found it exciting and the views were great. Yesterday I left San Vito, Costa Rica. The weather was great, somewhat warm in the afternoon, to be expected in the tropics. As I came down the hill I could feel the oppressive heat and moisture of this wonderful region.The view, also wonderful, however like Monteverde, the geography has been altered by the settlements that have cropped up. Monteverde, Quakers, does have more enviromental  influence. San Vito, not so much, there are a lot of cattle, which can change the physical geography of the area. Of course San Vito has with it elevation many hills, not to friendly to walking. However, it is very small, a plus. One negitive, the web site of the hotel I stayed at was out of date (the desk clerk said "three years") facilities were out of date. I did not find the quaint Italian inspired town that I was expecting. This is oaky, San Vito is somewhat off the beaten track. Today I am in San Isidro de General, Costa Rica. The centro plaza is right across the street, also bordered by a hugh Church. Getting here involved all day, was fairly easy, I am starting to catch my groove on the buses. The web site of the hotel, up to date here. I have done my morning walk, breakfast and will have to get some pics and post them.

No comments: