Saturday, March 24, 2012

Treated to Tamales Tico Style

Carmen stringing up the Tamale.
The group making Tamales.
And it goes in the boiling water.
Ready to make an open fire.
Finished product.
Yesterday there was a student group staying at La Posada Inn. www.posadainn.com They have come two years now. This year they were given the opportunity to make tamales. The process went smoothly and all turned out well. The main ingredient is a masa, potato, garlic, water and salt combination. I prefer this main ingredient to the mostly corn filling I usually get in the states. And of course your veggies and with or with out meat. All wrapped in banana leaves and boiled. The group had there fun, now it was time for the Ticos (workers here at the Inn) to make tamales and diner. I felt like one of the family, this is a community I know I could live in. So, treated to tamales and coffee made from fresh hand ground coffee beans. The partially sleepless night was worth it. I thought that was enough, well then comes the diner and the wine, what a treat.

No comments: