Saturday, February 17, 2018

sucessful check up

I had a good check up at UCLA, my leg is healing. The skin graft developed a 1" by 4" area that hyper granulated. So while most of the skin graft is already healed, this just took longer. There is less pain when standing, which is a good thing. I still walk with a limp, but have started to take small steps because the limping is making my hip hurt too much. It's much easier to walk on even ground.
I had a nice visit with my daughter Chelsea for lunch, on the way to UCLA and the next day returning home. Will go tomorrow to spend Sunday, go to church. Big thanks to American Cancer Society and Extended Stay America for putting me up in a reduced rate room.
For the most part the insurance company, Blue Shield, has been great. Getting approvals for Pet scans and chemo-radiation I left to the doctors. While they have mentioned that it's some times takes a little more time and paper work, eventually approval comes. However, I continue to deal with Coram which is the company that provides my liquid nutrition. I believe I need an advocate. Number one it's just hard to get the words out for some one to understand me over the phone. I have all these EOB's (explanation of benefits) that don't seem to match what they have. I'm going to let it go another month and see what the next bill is and go from there.
I continue to be reminded of the simple things that once were, that I can no longer enjoy. I just have to keep focused on what I can do.
What is left of my tongue has the memory of feeling the lower teeth, but there are no teeth in the mid and right lower jaw. Heck, I can't even touch my top teeth with my tongue anymore. Just really frustrating.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you want to see your website or blog on Google's first page ??? And want to beat your website or blog ranking ?? Your website and blog will be displayed on the first page of Google through the SEO service, completely and beautifully. And get more visitors.

Click this for more details :""SEO services provider""