Saturday, April 21, 2012

Learning experience

Well I learned something I've been wanting to know when I got on the wrong bus yesterday. I learned that the 9:50am Trocopa bus out of Palmar Norte uses the coast route to San Jose. It still takes the same amount of time, approximately five hours. It does stop for a lunch break north of Uvita 25 minutes and another short break about two hours later. It just happened to be the one time I didn't ask the driver if he was going where I was going. Most buses out of Palmar go through San Isidro. He obviously didn't look at my ticket very closely. I went to San Jose for half price, I only paid to go to San Isidro what a deal. So the eight $ diner at KFC made up for it. I love the excuse to come back to La Fortuna, although it is a bit warm (the fan is on), had some lunch when I got here, will get diner in a couple of hours. As I found out last time I was here and headed back to San Jose that the bus from La Fortuna goes by the Int'l Airport on the way to San Jose so will save $25 on a taxi to the airport when I head to the States on Thursday the 26th. Looking forward to seeing family in the States.

1 comment:

junglej said...

When I was in Palmar in September I noticed that about fifty percent of the buses take the Coast Route.